[Simh] Mounting simh disk files in Linux

lists at openmailbox.org lists at openmailbox.org
Fri Mar 4 03:53:35 EST 2016

On Fri, 4 Mar 2016 08:36:46 +0000
Joshua Overmiller <overmiller at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having errors attaching the XQ controller to eth0.

Post config and messages.

> Note: I'm using Debian Jessie.

Should work fine.

> I also had problems when trying to make the simh targets.  I got an error
> from the make file about statically linking against libpcap.
> I...removed the check from the makefile and built it anyways.  Did I do a
> bad, bad thing?

Maybe. Without seeing the build output probably nobody can tell you. You
should get a clean build or all bets are off.

> I am going to go back and find Toby Thain's write-up as another user
> suggested and see where that gets me.

If you have a broken build or prereq pieces missing that won't help. The
info you posted now should have been posted in the first thread along with
a config and messages. simh is very well written and builds and runs on a
lot of problematic platforms. There is no reason it shouldn't build cleanly
and work fine on Intel Linux.

Solve the first problem first and the rest may just go away.