[Simh] KS10 IMP documentation

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Thu Mar 3 10:52:35 EST 2016

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> wrote:

> Bit Savers has the BBN 1822 document from 1976 (the original I think was
> '72 - I had a xerox of that one).  I think I saw it about a week ago at
> home, so I'm nearly 100% sure I have very clean copy of the actual
> published in it's Yellow Cover from BBN, the later edition - which would
> have been the one when the IP transition was taking place or at least
> planned (i.e. post Arpanet - when IP was being created).  If so, I'll look
> into getting it scanned and send an update to Al.

​I did check and I do have fairly virgin** >>printed<< copy of the 12/1983
revision of the *Specifications for the Interconnection of a Host to an
IMP.*" - aka BBN Report No 1822​"

It's a bit over 2cm thick, 2 sided, but the good news is "GBC" bound, so
taking it a part should be reasonably easy.   I'll look into scanning it to
PDF and running it through OCR, although I'm really back up with other
commitments but I will try to prioritize this after my wife's honey do
list.  FYI: It's fixed width (Xerox Daisywheel style) font, since this just
before laser printers are becoming widely available, which in my limited
OCRing experience has worked fairly well.

Clem

** Amazon would grade this copy as "very good."  Some dirt on the cover and
dust from my book shelves but the pages clean.