[Simh] Unable to locate boot file

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Mon Jun 20 16:28:11 EDT 2016

Hi Daniel,

This is a good bug report.

I think that the problem you are having now is very much related to the problems you've already solved.

> 1) there is some other config script that needs to be run when using disk images from one VAX system (physical 6220) to another (simulated MicroVAX 3900)

> 2) SimH on Windows 8 does not really support MOP or DECserver stuff?

> 3) there is some permissions issue with the boot file (sysboot.exe?), but since it is off a disk image (which should be a one-to-one exact copy), how so?

Notice that you're getting the load message for

File = DISK$VMSRL5:<SYS14.>, Operating system, Ethernet address = 08-00-2B-23-9A-F4

I suspect that the logical name DISK$VMSRL5 may not be consistently defined.

The system disk device name on the MicroVAX 3900 may have changed from what it was on the original 6220.
The output of:
    $ SHOW LOGICAL DISK$VMSRL5
and
    $ SHOW DEV D

Will likely illuminate some relevant details.

-        Mark