[Simh] DEC Pro 350 Emulator

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Sat Jun 4 19:39:53 EDT 2016

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 4:28 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> On 2016-06-05 01:24, Al Kossow wrote:

> >> I don't know what the IMD format is.
> >
> > David Dunifield's Imagedisk
> > a source-available replacement for teledisk.
>
> Oh. So it's just a tool that can understand the teledisk format files.
>
> Anyway, unless people really want to recreate RX50 floppies, using a
> 1.2M IBM PC floppy drive, those images aren't really that useful anymore.
> For an emulator, you just want the contents of the files. If you want
> RX50s, you're probably better off trying to find a real RX50 to write
> the images.

Agreed.

However, there is some imd disk support currently in simh.
There is a sim_imd.c module which was written by Howard Harte.
It is included in the AltairZ80, Sage, and PQD3 simulators.  As I recall
Howard had attempted to add IMD disk format support to the one of
the PDP11/VAX floppy devices.  When I tried integrating this I couldn't
find disk images which had sensible data which was actually readable
by sim_imd.c.  I never got an answer back from my most recent
attempts to contact him.

- Mark