[Simh] First baby steps towards Unix v6 Goal

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 21:54:41 EST 2016

All,

Well, I have finally gained enough of a basic understanding of the
pdp-11 and assembly language to start working on my real goal of
understanding Unix v6 internals. Today, and I realize to many of you
this might seem like an insignificant feat, I got "Hello, World!"
working as an assembly program in v6 on SimH pdp-11/40. It's been a long
and often frustrating journey to get to this point and by way of
celebration, I put together a mini-note at:

http://decuser.blogspot.com/2016/01/hello-world-in-assembly-on-research.html

It's raw and doesn't really explain anything about the assembly or
architecture side of things, but it works and when I do add the why it
works to the note, it will hopefully help other folks.

If you're interested, take a look and I welcome feedback.

Regards,

Will