[Simh] RX50 disks

Kevin Handy khandy21yo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 16:53:58 EST 2016

I have found some old RX50 disks from DecMate II's, and from MicroPDP11's.

I have used putr to create images of these disks, which should be bootable,
but havent been able to boot simh under either system.

The disks were created from a MSDOS system running  putr using

mount b: /foreign
copy /device /file b: xxxx.dsk

The pdp-11 disks appear to have valid text strings (Linus command 'strings
xxxx.dsk' shows expected stuff), and the DecMate document disks can be
exctracted using my dmprocess program.

Does the pdp-8 simulator handle Decmate bootable system disks? I tried the
DecMate WPS system disk, and an os278 disk.neither worked. What
command/device to attach them to?

The PDP-11 wouldn't boot the rt11 disks. Version of simh doesn't seem to
matter. pb01x.dsk is a rt11 bottable disk (according to the label).

PDP-11 simulator V3.8-1
sim> set rq0 rx50
sim> att rq0 pb01x.dsk
sim> b rq0

Trap stack push abort, PC: 000014 (SUB #162745,-(R5))
sim> exit