[Simh] Fwd: Non-Biz: Humor(?) 40th Anniversary of the GT40 Moonlander - And You Can Play It Now......

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sat Jan 9 18:28:34 EST 2016

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Will Senn <will.senn at gmail.com> wrote:

> I still have a hankering to play a graphic version of lunar lander or
> spacewar on my Macbook Pro on an OS that I administer :).

​Will,

How about​ your iPad?  My friend Jack Burness (the author of the original
GT40 Moonlander) sent this message to a few of us 2 years ago.....

Clem

As some one interested in PDP-11 assembly, do take a look at his code.
His sin/cos table is very cute.   Also he generated everything from
scratch, except the values for the altitude of the LEM, the amount of fuel
left, thrust it could produce, *etc*. That came from the MIT library (way
pre-internet). As Jack said, he wound up having to give more fuel at that
point than they really would have, because it otherwise was simply too
difficult to do it.