[Simh] simh vt11 support

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 16:01:09 EST 2016

I am starting to narrow this down. The simh source code contains a
directory for lunar11. It has a document, README.TXT that contains SimH
directions:

     sim> ! Set CPU to a Unibus system type
     sim> set cpu 11/70
     sim> ! Enable DLI device so VT device autoconfigures
     sim> ! with a starting vector of 320
     sim> set dli enable
     sim> set dli line=2
     sim> ! Enable VT device
     sim> set vt enable
     sim> load lunar.lda
     sim> dep 32530 1
     sim> run

Lunar lander only needs a small screen area, and can run using a
simulated "VR14" display, which can fit on many computer screens
without scaling:

     sim> set vt crt=vr14
     sim> set vt scale=1

However, running recent pdp11 and referring to vt results in:
sim> set vt enable
Non-existent device

The source file pdp11_vt.c seems to supply the necessary device:
pdp11_vt.c: PDP-11 VT11/VS60 Display Processor Simulation
vt           VT11/VS60 Display Processor

/*
  * this file is just a thin layer of glue to the simulator-
  * independent XY Display simulation
  */

But after compiling, VT doesn't appear to exist as a valid device. What
am I doing wrong - is the VT device part of the pdp11 simulator or isn't it?

Thanks,

Will