[Simh] VT100 Color of text

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Sat Jan 9 12:10:35 EST 2016

1) The VT100 default is white text on black, though the screen could be
reversed in Setup (and by a CSI) to black text on white.  The blue that
you see is probably an artifact of flash photography.
2) I use PuTTY from windows.
3) The VT100 has no graphics in the modern sense.  It does have a 'line
drawing' character set that allows drawing tables and such.  One can do
limited graphics with suitable creativity.  The VT105 has some
graphics.  There were DEC terminals that have better graphics: e.g.
VT125, Gigi do ReGIS.  Some later models (starting with VT220) have
user-definable character sets.

The VT240 has mono graphics, the VT241 color.  It also had colored
phosphor options  for the screen.
The VT330 does ReGIS, Sixel & Tek; the VT340 color.
The VT420 is text only; no graphics or color.
The VT520 is text; VT525 color

This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.