[Simh] Configuring DMC11 Devices

Christian Gauger-Cosgrove captainkirk359 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 00:37:48 EST 2016

On 5 January 2016 at 00:25, Mark Pizzolato <Mark at infocomm.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the image and config.

You're quite welcome.

> I don't see the " XM4: is missing ECO's, but will still function." Messages...  Can you explain?

There's only one DMR11 and one DMC11 configured. When you boot up, you'll see:
sim> b rq

XM1: is missing ECO's, but will still function.

RSTS V10.1-L RSTS   (DU0) INIT V10.1-0L

Both of the devices are ATTACHed. So the DMR11 doesn't error, the
DMC11 (DMC1 to SIMH; XM1 to RSTS/E) still shows the ECO message. I'm
still running git commit ca4a6901; I have not applied Paul Koning's
patch yet.

Comment out the "attach DMCn" lines in the config and you'll get both errors:
sim> b rq

Device XM0: internal micro-diagnostic failure - device disabled.
XM1: is missing ECO's, but will still function.

RSTS V10.1-L RSTS   (DU0) INIT V10.1-0L

Regards,
Christian
--