[Simh] How to set up network bridge for SIMH on Solaris host?

Hans Rosenfeld rosenfeld at grumpf.hope-2000.org
Sun Jan 3 08:32:54 EST 2016

On Sun, Jan 03, 2016 at 09:46:23AM +0000, lists at openmailbox.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone please explain how to set up a network bridge on a Solaris host
> for SIMH? I have searched the net and can't find any examples of people
> running SIMH on Solaris. Thank you.

What version of Solaris?

On illumos I usually just create a vnic over a real ethernet interface,
and attach the simulator to that:

# dladm create-vnic -l rge0 simh0

rge0 is my ethernet interface, simh0 is the name of the vnic. You can
then attach simh to simh0 as you would attach it to any other ethernet
interface. This will allow you to communicate with the host as well as
with the network it is attached to.

Hans

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown