[Simh] pdp11 and unix

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Feb 26 20:24:04 EST 2016

On 2016-02-27 01:40, Eric Smith wrote:
> My goodness, Johnny, you are my hero.  You, sir, lived my dream ..!!

As with all such things, when it was going on, one never reflected much
on it. Today I sometimes seriously miss those days. It was so much more
fun and interesting. Computers today are boring, and companies are
boring as well. And the internet have turned to a really boring thing.

But I try to keep my sanity by insisting on continuing to use my PDP-11
systems, and try to make everything I can work on them. And, of course,
by trying to avoid Unix. :-)

I just wish I could find more time to do that fun stuff. But since noone
(almost) pay for that kind of work anymore, I'll have to do it on a
hobby basis, and work on the boring stuff for my salary.

	Johnny