[Simh] pdp11 and unix

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 20:09:41 EST 2016

Bill,

There is plenty of documentation on the pdp11 45/70. Start with the
handbooks:
http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp11/handbooks/

As for programming in assembly, most of the documentation is for DEC
OS's. However, the manuals for Unix v6 and v7 had assembly sections.
They are available here:

Assembler Reference Manual from Sixth Edition Manual (postscript):
http://wwwlehre.dhbw-stuttgart.de/~helbig/os/v6/doc/as.ps

Section Assembler Reference Manual in Vol 2b of V7 Manual (pdf):
http://web.cuzuco.com/~cuzuco/v7/v7vol2b.pdf

Dep is for "depositing" values into the simulator's PDP memory space.

- Will