[Simh] Fwd: EXT : Alpha under SIMH

Broer van Smeden broer.vansmeden at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 08:14:56 EST 2016

Hi,
We are using the Charon packages already for some years, running True64 and
VMS7.3. The Charon services are running on HP DL360/380 on W2018R2 (x64).
For some systems, the actual windows disks (which contain the container
disks for CHARON) are iSCSI of a netapp. Systems are running very stable.
If required, the windows connections can be limited to just the console
ports.
The newer versions of CHARON are running on W2012R2. So for production
environment, this is a very good alternative. From thew side of HP, you
require a special transfer license, which can be purchased via Stromasys.
The support is OK.
So if your AXP application must continue to run for some years, or need
some more CPU power/memory, (moving to CHARON is much cheaper than actually
upgrade an old AXP with extra CPU or memory), you should really consider to
change over to server consolidation.

Broer