[Simh] License File

Bill Cunningham billcun at suddenlink.net
Tue Feb 16 17:46:00 EST 2016

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Robert Thomas
  To: simh at trailing-edge.com
  Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:40 PM
  Subject: Re: [Simh] License File

  Rather than fight file transfers prior to installing licenses, use the
following command:

  $ @SYS$UPDATE:VMSLICENSE

  The command procedure will guide one through the license data entry in the
order and format as on the hardcopy license.

  The format for a command file is as below.  The various options will
differ based on the type of license.

  $ LICENSE REGISTER xxxxxxxxxx -
  /ISSUER=yyyyyyy -
  /AUTHORIZATION=zzzzzzzzzzzzzz -
  /PRODUCER=aaaaaaaa -
  /UNITS=bbbbbbbb -
  /OPTIONS=(cccccccccc) -
  /CHECKSUM=ddddddddddddddd
  $ LICENSE LOAD    xxxxxxxxxxx/LOG/PRODUCER=aaaaaaaaaa
  $!
  $ exit
  $!
  $! [End of File]

  The thing is I always get down to the checksum and enter it correctly and
get an error that something isn't typed right. With every PAK I've tried so
far. My hobbyist ID number is always the same, bu the checksum is always
different.

  [...]