[Simh] Console floppy and VAX 780

Zachary Kline zkline at speedpost.net
Mon Feb 15 02:02:07 EST 2016

I’ve been reading about the VAX 780 tonight, and kind of curious what I could get to run with it. I have what seems to be a  tape of VMS 1.5 from Bitsavers, but it doesn’t seem straight-forward to boot.
I’m wondering if anybody has managed to get this working.
There’s supposedly a “Fload,” command, which is for loading files from a console floppy, but I can’t seem to find an image of one.

I’m probably missing something, since I’m mostly used to the VAXServer which SIMH has emulated for far longer.
I’d appreciate any info from the powers that be :)