[Simh] Sounds

Henk Gooijen henk.gooijen at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 11 12:21:12 EST 2016

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
From: Pontus Pihlgren
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:09 AM
To: Johnny Billquist
Cc: simh at trailing-edge.com
Subject: Re: [Simh] Sounds

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 11:26:44PM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> Google for walking disks... It's a known phenomena, or at least it used to
> be...
>
> By the way - just to make another silly comment... The RK07 is a small
> disk
> (it's basically just an overgrown RL02). Come back when you've played with
> an RP06 for a while... Then we can talk of walking...

I encourage anyone in this hobby to read the stories arround Fastrand.
Not sure how much is true or exaggerations, but it's a fun read.

> Or the spinning up of an RM03. Sounds like it is going into warp
> overdrive,
> and will open a hole into another dimension as it is spinning up...

Let's do the time warp again :-)

---------

Ahhh, Fastrand rings a bell ... that's Sperry isn't it?
I will google for that and for "walking disks" this evening.
Must be interesting.   I used to work on Sperry 1100/63.

Yeah, I have three RM03 drives. I cleaned the first one, but after
powering up, the lid remains locked. I have not (yet) investigated it.

- Henk