[Simh] Sounds

Henk Gooijen henk.gooijen at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 10 12:48:43 EST 2016

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
From: Jack Rubin
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 6:16 PM
To: simh at trailing-edge.com
Subject: [Simh] Sounds

....or as Henk Gooijen says when he enters his machine room, "Hello, fans!".

---------
LOL, yes I still say that :-)

BTW, Pontus is correct: you must *feel* the vibration of big disk drives.
Some time ago I had my RK07 running and heads moving while I was
running RT11 (or was it diagnostics?) - thus looking at the VT screen.
When I looked up I saw that the RL07 has moved some 4 inches.
I moved the drive back in line with the other RK07 drives, and gave it
no thought, thinking I had not put the drive back in line before.
After looking just a few minutes at the screen, I looked up again ...
the RK07 had moved again some 4 inches!

I guess that those big drives like the RK07 , RM80 and RM03 really
should be placed on the rubber feet extended to the floor.

Mentioning the RM03 ... no progress made so far :-/

- Henk