[Simh] OSs with accessible documentation

Ron Young rly1 at embarqmail.com
Mon Feb 8 12:54:31 EST 2016

Your message dated: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 21:48:08 -0600
--------
> Ron,
>
> I'm interested and interested in any documentation if there is any as well.
>
> Regards,
>
> Will

	The SOLO os stuff is also available on bitsavers

	http://www.bitsavers.org/bits/DEC/pdp11/Brinch_Hansen_SOLO/

	most of the Brinch Hansen's stuff is not online, but googling
	might turn up documents.

	My UCSD pascal image for pdp 11 can be downloaded from here:

	  http://rly2.dyndns.org/UCSD-bootable-rk05.zip

	This is a snapshot of the disks that I used to build a bootable
	pdp11 version of UCSD II.0. There is a README.TXT file that
	has more information. The main image that you want is rk0.dsk
	(rtv4_rk.dsk is an RT11 disk that I used to assemble the pdp
	boot blocks).

	-ron

> On 2/5/16 9:35 PM, Ron Young wrote:
> > On Feb 5, 2016 3:19 PM, Kevin Handy <khandy21yo at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I think there was also a PDP11 version of a Pascal OS (??name forgotten at
       *** the moment), and several FORTH systems too.

> > Two pascal operating systems that come to are UCSD and SOLO (Per Brunch Han
       ***sen's research os) ... I have bootable rk05 simh images for both if a
       ***nyone is interested.