[Simh] Remote Console

Gustavo Del Dago gdeldago at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 12:24:17 EST 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to write an interface between SIMH and an external Debugger.

So I look at the Remote Console feature on SIMH but I have some problems.

1) If the simulation isn't running the telnet client can't send commands.

2) My IBM 1620 software (a BASIC interpreter) uses the Typewritter. In this
case when the guest machine is "reading" the keyboard then telnet remote
client can't sent commands.

Is there any limitation in what I trying to do ?
can we have two "consoles", one for the main guest machine/program and a
second for the external debugger / frontpanel ?

Thanks for your help
Gus