[Simh] Macro-11 Macro library question (RT11 running in SimH PDP11)

Rhialto rhialto at falu.nl
Fri Feb 5 18:24:30 EST 2016

On Fri 05 Feb 2016 at 19:18:58 +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> I'm sure there is a way to list what macros exist in the library file. Could
> you check that your macro really exists there. Also extract it, to see that
> it indeed looks correct.

Note that there is the Unix version of Macro-11 that I worked on.
So you could transfer some library files and let it extract them.

My main goal was to make it more fully correspond to the RSX version
where the original was more RT-11 oriented (but probably also had some
outright bugs). But I added an option to extract object libraries; it
could do macro libraries already.

See https://github.com/Rhialto/macro11 .

While working on this I noticed that the file format had some subtle
differences between RT11 and RSX. You can find the differences by
looking at the mlb.c file versus mlb-rsx.c. The main difference was I
think that RSX version has length indicators in the directory blocks
were the RT11 version seemingly has not.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'