[Simh] newbie question about simh performance

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Aug 17 17:37:35 EDT 2016

If I were to add my two cents, the problem is the large memory defined
for the simh VAX system. I suspect this is larger than the working set
in the host VMS system, meaning you will have lots of paging going on,
which cause the whole thing to be I/O bound, even though the OP thinks
it's a CPU bound problem.

Either reduce the memory of the simh VAX instance, or increase the
working set of the host system, so that you don't page so much.

	Johnny