[Simh] [simh] Nova Device Codes

Bob Supnik bsupnik at comcast.net
Sat Apr 30 05:09:43 EDT 2016

Nova's have standard assignments for device addresses, and if you change
them, standard DG software won't run.

SimH's list is contained in nova_defs.h:

#define DEV_MDV         001                             /*
multiply/divide */
#define DEV_ECC         002                             /* ECC memory
control */
#define DEV_MAP         003                             /* MMPU control */
#define DEV_TTI         010                             /* console input */
#define DEV_TTO         011                             /* console output */
#define DEV_PTR         012                             /* paper tape
reader */
#define DEV_PTP         013                             /* paper tape
punch */
#define DEV_CLK         014                             /* clock */
#define DEV_PLT         015                             /* plotter */
#define DEV_CDR         016                             /* card reader */
#define DEV_LPT         017                             /* line printer */
#define DEV_DSK         020                             /* fixed head
disk */
#define DEV_MTA         022                             /* magtape */
#define DEV_DCM         024                             /* data comm mux */
#define DEV_ADCV        030                             /* A/D converter */
#define DEV_QTY         030                             /* 4060
multiplexor */
#define DEV_DKP         033                             /* disk pack */
#define DEV_CAS         034                             /* cassette */
#define DEV_ALM         034                             /* ALM/ULM
multiplexor */
#define DEV_PIT         043                             /* programmable
interval timer */
#define DEV_TTI1        050                             /* second
console input */
#define DEV_TTO1        051                             /* second
console output */
#define DEV_CPU         077                             /* CPU control */

For a more extensive list, consult the Nova documentation on
http://bitsavers.org/pdf.

/Bob Supnik