[Simh] Transferring data

Johnny Eriksson bygg at cafax.se
Fri Apr 22 16:43:32 EDT 2016

Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:

> Actually we had this idea with Steve Davidson where we=E2=80=99d build a
> crypto-coprocessor in Python on the host OS and somehow hook it up (via
> say a serial port) to a PDP-11 and have the host OS do all the RSA, AES,
> SHA, MD5 operations that way and the SSH server on the PDP-11 would just
> be a shim to implement the SSH protocol.
>
> It's quite easily doable in Python since it comes with all the
> crypto libraries pre-built, Johnny, you interested in something like
> this for adding SSH to your RSX TCP/IP stack?

Another Johnny answering here.  If what you want is the ability to
SSH into your emulated machine, you can put something like this

  Match User pdp11
        X11Forwarding no
        AllowTcpForwarding no
        ForceCommand telnet localhost 1173

into your /etc/ssh/sshd_config along with setting up a user with
that name & running the pdp11 simulator with terminal lines set
up on port 1173.  Password on the user account optional.

> Sampsa

--Johnny