[Simh] Way out idea for simh

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Apr 20 15:14:04 EDT 2016

> On Apr 20, 2016, at 3:08 PM, skyvis at sky-visions.com wrote:
>
> OS's don't support foreign file systems. What they do is provide the ability to access a drive that does not have what they believe to be a valid file system.

Not necessarily.  RSTS does in the latest versions, but not in early versions.  For example, RSTS V4A has no raw disk API, and gives you no access to any disk except via the RSTS file system.  The same goes for some other operating systems; I don't know of raw disk access on CDC NOS either, for example.  (Well, not unless you write a PPU program; if you don't mind doing that, the job is easy.)

	paul