[Simh] FPP8A

Bob Supnik bob at supnik.org
Sat Apr 9 20:27:15 EDT 2016

The PDP8 simulator is a superset. It has a mixture of PDP8/E and PDP8/A
features and peripherals. (For example, the RL8A was unique to the 8/A.)
Most PDP8 software is written to be processor agnostic.

The PDP8 (original) and 8/I had unique peripherals, and these are mostly
not simulated. For the PTR/PTP, TTI/TTO, CLK, and RF, the old
controllers are the same as or proper subsets of the 8/E and 8/A
controllers, but the early 8s had different and incompatible controllers
for DECtape, magtape, and cartridge disks, among others.

/Bob