[Simh] PDP-8 FPP register name descriptions

Rick Murphy simh at rickmurphy.net
Fri Apr 8 19:15:06 EDT 2016

At 04:15 PM 4/8/2016, Ray Jewhurst wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to expand the help files on some of
>simulators and noticed that I can't find much
>information for the PDP-8 FPP.  I have current
>documentation but there are no references to the
>FPP at all.  If anyone can point me in the
>right direction, I'd really appreciate.  I'm
>also checking to see if I can get any relevant information from Bitsavers.

The most comprehensive documentation is the Maintenance Manual:
http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/dec/pdp8/pdp8a/EK-FPP8A-MM-001_FPP8-A_Maint_Sep76.pdf

Chapter 2 has the register info.

Also, FPP-12 documentation, for example
http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp12/fpp12/
The FPP-8A and FPP-12 are register compatible.
The FPP-8 has a few tweaks but it's generally quite compatible.

If you want any review of whatever documentation
you end up writing, I'll be happy to help (I did
a bunch of work on the SIMH FPP-8A simulation to
get it working and make it compatible with the real FPP.)
         -Rick