[Simh] VAX emulation, VH driver and modem control

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 02:53:44 EDT 2016

Hi folks,

can anyone confirm whether modem control with the VH driver in the VAX
emulation works?  I have trouble getting the emulator to pass on the
disconnection of an incoming telnet connection as a drop of DTR to the VAX,
which causes sessions to be left running even though the network connection
is gone.  The next incoming connection will then attach to the running
session, which is not what I want (and I feel so reminded of how it was
with incorrectly wired modems).

I initialize the multiplexer like so:

set vh enable
set vh0 modem
set vh0 hangup
set vh0 dhu
set vh1 modem
set vh1 hangup
set vh1 dhu
set vh2 modem
set vh2 hangup
set vh2 dhu
set vh3 modem
set vh3 hangup
set vh3 dhu
attach vh 23

I've also made sure that the terminal device in VMS is set to
/MODEM/DIALUP/HANGUP/PERM, although only the /MODEM should be required to
make the session go away on DCD drop if I remember correctly.

Thanks!
Hans