[Simh] SIMH VAX on a Kindle

Henry Bent henry.r.bent at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 17:02:02 EDT 2016

Doesn't seem to work:

NAT args:
NAT network setup:
        gateway       =10.0.2.2/24(255.255.255.0)
        DNS           =10.0.2.3
        dhcp_start    =10.0.2.15
  Protocol[State]    FD  Source Address  Port   Dest. Address  Port RecvQ
SendQ
Eth: opened OS device nat:
4.2 BSD UNIX #1: Wed Jul 13 10:48:29 PDT 1983
virtua# ifconfig de0 10.0.2.10
virtua# ifconfig de0 -trailers
virtua# route add default 10.0.2.2 0
add 0.0.0: gateway 10.0.2.2, flags 1
myname# ftp 192.168.1.63
ftp: connect: Connection timed out
ftp> quit
myname# ftp 199.233.217.201
ftp: connect: Connection timed out
ftp>

It can't talk to my internal network or the outside world.  What's the next
step?  Is there a way to force NAT to use a specific interface on the host?

-Henry