[Simh] VAX/VMS 6.2 DECnet turned off, still resetting MAC address

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Tue Oct 20 18:07:39 EDT 2015

Hi Bill,

My responses inline in GREEN.

From: Bill Deegan [mailto:bill at baddogconsulting.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 2:54 PM
To: Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm <Mark at infocomm.com>
Cc: simh at trailing-edge.com
Subject: Re: [Simh] VAX/VMS 6.2 DECnet turned off, still resetting MAC address

Mark,
See responses inline.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm <Mark at infocomm.com<mailto:Mark at infocomm.com>> wrote:
Hi Bill,

I’m still looking for details on your network vision/requirements:

Do you expect communicate between the host system and the simulated VMS environment?  If so, how were you thinking you’d achieve this?

No need.

You do have a unique IP address for use by the VMS system, right?

Historical questions relating to some possible solutions to achieve the, as yet not completely specified, network goals:

Have you previously had LAT enabled on the original VMS system?

Yes. But no longer needed. LAT startup has been commented out.

Was this VMS system ever part of a VMS Cluster environment?

Yes.  But no longer needed.

You should also do the following:
$ RUN SYS$SYSTEM:SYSGEN
SYSGEN> SET VAXCLUSTER 0
SYSGEN> SET SCSSYSTEMID 0
SYSGEN> WRITE CURRENT
Change the same values in SYS$SYSTEM:MODPARAMS.DAT so that you won’t get surprised by some future AUTOGEN you might do.
Reboot your system.
-Bill

- Mark