[Simh] VMS/VDE: Almost there

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Oct 8 10:32:07 EDT 2015

On 2015-10-08 15:57, Paul Koning wrote:

>> On Oct 7, 2015, at 11:42 PM, John Forecast <john at forecast.name> wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 7, 2015, at 7:17 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

>> 	Phase II use NSP v3.1 so that’s probably another indication that it’s a Phase I product.
>
> That would be an interesting surprise.  The history I have seen says that Phase I was RSX only.
>
> It also appears that Phase I is undocumented, and that it isn't compatible (can't be made to interoperate) with Phase II.

Well, I have some documentation about the DECNET/8 implementation, as
well as the sources. Want to implement it? :-)
It talks DDCMP, and don't seem to be very complex. I can also see some
similarities with never versions of DECnet, that I'm a bit more familiar
with. But I haven't taken any deeper dives into it.

Attaching the documentation anyway...

	Johnny