[Simh] Ethernet over GRE

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Mon Oct 5 16:16:23 EDT 2015

Hmm…

Well, although this is an interesting way to have two systems to communicate, it doesn’t solve the original question of having a simulator talking to the internet over a host system WiFi connection.  It looks like it could be used in lieu of VDE, but I don’t see immediate advantages and it isn’t an option for OS X or Windows host systems.

From the examples provided it seems that simh could already use it via the existing built-in tun/tap support.

-          Mark