[Simh] VMS/VDE: Almost there

Zachary Kline zkline at speedpost.net
Mon Oct 5 00:43:53 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I’m 98% of the way there with the bridged VDE setup mentioned in my earlier thread. I appreciate all the help from folks here, and wonder if anybody might have ideas for debugging some hiccups.
My VAX gets an IP address from the router, but can’t seem to ping it, nor any other addresses. DNS doesn’t work. Note that I’m not quite sure how to tell TCPIP services to get the name servers via DHCP.
I’m running the VDE switch as root, configured a bogus domain in TCPIP configuration, and the bridge seems to be working as designed.

Could this be a case of the wifi router dropping packets because of the wrong mac address? I can’t ping or connect to the VAX from the host, either, it just times out.

I’m not sure what might help debug this, but am happy to supply any info.
Thanks,
Zack.