[Simh] MicroVax 3900 Networking on a Macbook Air

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Oct 2 20:58:15 EDT 2015

On 2015-10-03 02:55, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> The problem is that WiFi just isn't ethernet, and you will never get it
> to work good trying to behave like it is. Unfortunately...
>
> libpcap don't change that. (Without libpcap you can never get networking
> in SimH to work, but even with it, you still need a network medium that
> behaves like ethernet.)

By the way, what you possibly could do, which would at least solve it
for TCP/IP, is if you can setup a virtual network on the MAC, and then
have the MAC route between the WiFi network and your virtual network.
But it will not work for DECnet (for obvious reasons).

But I don't know how you set up a fully virtual network to start with.

	Johnny