[Simh] DG Nova booting from another file or "device"?

Bruce Ray Bruce at Wild-Hare.com
Fri Nov 20 02:52:36 EST 2015

G'day AJ -

The cylinder/head/sector information was determined by monitoring the
tape-to-disk LUN backup operation disk reads - these were the actual
cyls/hds/sects actually written for the corresponding LUN backups.

I just did the following quick (hopefully correct) calculation:

Each cylinder has 81,920 bytes (5 heads * 32 sectors * 512 bytes =
81,920 bytes/cylinder), and LUN0 has 16 cylinders: 16 cylinders * 81,920
bytes/cylinder = 1,310,720.

Are the other LUN file sizes off by the same 20,480 amount?

     LUN     CYL   HD  SEC
     ----    ---   --  ---
     LUN 0:    0,   0,   0    disk start address
               15,   4,  31    disk end   address

     LUN 1:   15,   0,   0
              111,   4,  31

     LUN 2:  112,   0,   0