[Simh] terminal multiplexers

Tim Wilkinson tjw at twsoft.co.uk
Thu Nov 12 17:08:38 EST 2015

Back in about 84. We were users of bridge cs200 serial boxes. Communicating
to a unibus board in a borrowed 780. From memory the network communication
was a xerox protocol. A while later we were given a 750 to which we moved
the unibus adaptor. And subsequently upgraded to tcp/ip which required a
sco device to act as a bind server.

The cs200 was a good device. It enabled us to bind serial ports across the
network. Allowing me to connect process control kit to expensive laser
printer s. And also provided network service connection enabling me to
create virtual port connectivity to sun workstation. Etc. Lots of reading
Stevens networking books back then.

Eventually with the rise of Dec terminal servers and lat. Lantronix
produced a good cheap multi protocol devicr