[Simh] terminal multiplexers

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Thu Nov 12 08:25:56 EST 2015

DEC's DECserver, Xyplex Maxserver, Annex terminal servers, and Xylogics
(for the ones I have touched and remember) all converted telnet into real
RS/EIA-232 lines. (telnet client -> host serial, or serial terminal -> host
telnet server)

These days the Cyclades ones aren't too bad. Newer ones turn ssh into
serial lines, and are useful for aggregating serial consoles.