[Simh] Problem with reading tape with PDP-11 SIMH

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Thu May 21 18:04:00 EDT 2015

On 21-May-15 17:34, J. David Bryan wrote:
> On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 15:02, Timothe Litt wrote:
>
>> I'm aware of mtdump, which doesn't handle erase gaps....
> Actually, it does; from mtdump.c:
>
>   07-Mar-07    JDB     Fixed precedence error in gap marker test
>   30-Aug-06    JDB     Added erase gap support
>
> ...but I see that the file in the repository is older than this (and that
> Mark mentioned that he's updating).
>
>                                       -- Dave

If it isn't in the repo, it might as well not exist.  There are a lot of
tools
like that; I'm working on collecting/updating several of them as a side
effect of another project.  I'll announce and release when I hit a stable
state.

In any case, I'll have a look at the updated mtdump when it appears.
My tool does more than simply dump structure, but perhaps comparing
 code will avoid a bug...

This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.