[Simh] rsx11m-v3.2

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Wed Mar 25 17:32:53 EDT 2015

On Mar 25, 2015 1:33 PM, Bill Cunningham <billcun at suddenlink.net> wrote:

>     I am going to try once again with simh's pdp 11/70 setting generating
> the rsx11m-v3.2. From this page I mentioned before.
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~n1be/pdp11/PDP11.html
>
> I was about 10 yo in 1979 so I don't remember these machines. But the pics I
> see they looked like beauties to behold. So does anyone with any experience
> in this want to give me any tips? I am going to follow directions from this
> page as far as I can understand.

Hi Bill,

Your previous efforts were tangled up with the question of the platform you were using and the configuration of that platform.  Simh will run on essentially all modern OS platforms, but the example you've pointed at was a Linux Desktop system (I.e. one with a GUI display environment configured running the X-Window system).  Start from that and follow the directions in your recipe.

- Mark