[Simh] Simulating the PDP-15/76 Unichannel

Kevin Handy khandy21yo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 14:36:16 EDT 2015

Try again (stupid tablets)

Allocate the shared memory inside the emulation like is done with device
registers. Capture the memory locations and handle them spedially. When
that area of shared memory is read or written to, you can use simh code to
access the actual mapped memory, doing any 16/18 bit conversions, etc.

The linked simulators will have to agree on how the mapped memory is laid
out (16/18 bit), but the conversions would be invisible to the emulated
machine. And since they are directly accessing the shared memory, many
problems would disappear.