[Simh] Regarding "Cutler THE father of VMS" myth

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at esa.nascom.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 9 03:04:55 EDT 2015

Clem,

Thanks for the reference to the Dijkstra paper.
I had my electrical engineering education at the THE 1968-1974 and our
introduction to programming class
was taught by Dijkstra himself. Of course our exercises had to be programmed
in Algol68 and run on the EL-X8
system described in the paper (entering programs on paper tape with a
flexowriter).
Interesting to read how ‘small’ the machine was in terms of memory and mass
storage.
The actual machine consisted of several cabinets.

Apologies for the off-topic post.

Ton van Overbeek