[Simh] Regarding "Cutler THE father of VMS" myth

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Mar 4 14:30:07 EST 2015

On 2015-03-04 20:23, Bill Cunningham wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnny Billquist" <bqt at softjar.se>

Cutler have most credit for RSX-11M, but RSX-11M was just a
reimplementation of RSX-11D. Same API, but redesigned internals.
And RSX-11D comes from -11C, and eventually you can trace it all back to
RSX-15, which was written for the PDP-15...
So many of the ideas and concepts had already been done before Cutler.

One thing Cutler did, which you do not find in the predecessors are ACPs.

	Johnny