[Simh] Getting rsxs to run on the pdp11 emulator

Christian Gauger-Cosgrove captainkirk359 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 15:12:07 EST 2015

On 3 March 2015 at 14:45, Bill Cunningham <billcun at suddenlink.net> wrote:
>    Thats what I am looking for. Simh instructions. I think from some kind of
> OS guide for RSXs one might be able to generate the system. Am I corerct did
> Dave Cutler with MS have anything to do with RSX ?

Correct. Dave Cutler is the "father" of RSX-11/M+, VMS, and Windows
NT. (Yes, you may insert "WNT is VMS++" jokes here.)

Interestingly I heard an anecdote that Cutler contributed so much to
RSX-11/M+ that someone thought "Dave Cutler" was a made up name used
by groups of programmers because "surely no one can write that much."
I think I'm misremembering it.

Speaking of SIMH instructions, I've been meaning to, for a while,
document the setup of and installation of layered products in, RSTS/E
10.1, but I keep getting sidetracked.

Cheers,
Christian
--