[Simh] Is Alpha AXP in SIMH's future?

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Tue Mar 3 12:31:58 EST 2015

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 9:26 AM, lists at openmailbox.org wrote:
> Is an Alpha machine capable of running OpenVMS in SIMH's future? I know
> there are several Alpha emulators for Linux and Windows but I really like
> SIMH since it runs on pretty much any UNIX-like OS and doesn't depend on
> having a 64-bit Linux installed.

Well, Bob implemented the guts of an Alpha simulator and that code is in the current github repository.

Bob classified this simulator in the 'beta' category, with beta, in this case, meaning 'a simulator which hasn't been finished'.

If someone has the ability and interest to get this simulator fully working, I'll be here to support those activities.

- Mark