[Simh] Kaypto II

Kevin Handy khandy21yo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 19:57:35 EDT 2015

I've been playing with the altairz80 emulation to see how close I could get
to a Kaypto2 emulation. Attached is my config file so far, and it's about
as fat as I can go without changing any code.

A couple of issues came up about the emulated hardware, and I thought I'd
ask preferences before modifying anything.

1. What are some of the source file (.c, .h) marked executable>
2. The flexwriter is similiar to yj kp2 display, except that the fw has a
80x24 mapped into memory as a 80x24 array. The kp2 has an 80x25 display
mapped into a 128x25 array (memory between 81 and 128 is unused). Should I
make a new kp2 display device, or add parameters to the fw code?
2. the wd179x device is the right chip for the kp2, but it is single sided
and different tracks/sectors. The side is controlled by an external ioreg.
Modify the driver, or seperate it out?
... Probably more if I get more time to play.