[Simh] simh tools

Kevin Handy khandy21yo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 19:34:52 EDT 2015

Some time ago, I wrote a DecMate II word processing conversion to Word
Perfet converter. I was wondering if it should be included in the simtools
distribution, before it disappears entirely off the net.

It origanally ran unger MSdos, and is written in C. This was a complete
reverse engineering job, so it may have a lot of prblems. It had some
conversion issues (DecWord and WordPerfect had different ideas on
formatting), but it got the text out.

Modified/pdated versions of it is at

ftp://ftp.pdp8online.com/software/wps/

as decmate.tar and dmdos.tar

If I remember correctly, the license on it is "use at your own risk".

It might be able to read simh floppy disk images as is, but I don't have
any to try it on now.