[Simh] pdp11 and vax network

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Fri Jun 26 13:47:12 EDT 2015

On Friday, June 26, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Bill Cunningham wrote:
> My goal is a little hazy right now. I would like to learn more about
> the simh simulator API if it's called that. But no real goal there yet.
> As too simulating something. I would like to compile, like the old
> version allowed -DUSE_NETWORK=0 I think was the define at
> compile time. I guess I liked the choice. I never really go online
> with vax or pdp11 much anyway. HTH

As I've said below, the current build will build a simulator which include the 'capabilities' that your build environment has available.

Just because you've built a simulator which is network capable, doesn't mean that you will be forced to run your simulator with network devices enabled or with network devices connected to any particular network.

If you don't want your simulator to run with a network connection, then don't enabled the network device and don't attempt to connect it.

- Mark