[Simh] Problem with I1620

Michael Short michael.short.47 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 00:46:39 EDT 2015

Since the release of the version of I1620 which fixed the missing TFL
instruction,
I have been having a problem running Fortran and SPS jobs. The jobs halt
with the
following message:

CDR ERR  `04272 `0`6`07`16`17`25`36`37`38

For Fortran, if I give a 00 response, the job continues onto another HALT.
Given a GO
at this point the FORX job compiles and executes.

For SPS, if I give a 00 response, the job continues but it goes to the
"empty reader"
message. On LPT, all I get is the SPSX control record and the SPS option
records but the
program just seems to get flushed.

The Fortran and SPS jobs are samples from Purdue program collection. Before
the TFL
fix the jobs would compile/assemble.

Has anybody seen such a condition and a possible fix?
Let me know if additional information would help.