[Simh] Pontus asks Is [the] BSD [license] liberal enough?

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Mon Jun 8 12:28:26 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 11:52:48AM -0400, Clem Cole wrote:
> I appologies to the list for turning this into a religious war, I did not
> intend that ​.

Oh this was hardly a war :) Hardly even a squabble. And there is really nothing
religious about my views. I think we stand closer than you might think.

>  I should have known better, but I had hoped to avoid it by trying to be fair
> and factual​ .  I had hoped to enducate a few people on why the GPL might night
> be desired ​ by many projects.​

I consider myself educated, and thats of course a good thing.

> ​To Pontus, I'm not going to debate you.  You asked a question, and I tried
> to answer it fairly.

You don't have to of course :) And your arguments were fair, I was just a bit
thick.

> The fact is the lawyers are the ones that term the GPL a "viral" license.

Fair enough, to bad they chose a word with bad connotations.

/P