[Simh] Pontus asks Is [the] BSD [license] liberal enough?

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Mon Jun 8 08:09:59 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 12:57:21PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:

> GPLv2 states:
>
> 2b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in
>     whole or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any
>     part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to all third
>     parties under the terms of this License.
>
> That seems to me that if I "A" distribute or publish anything which
> includes any GPL code, to anyone "B", then I have to make the entire
> product available to any third party "C".

I Am No A Lawyer as they say. But I interpret this legalese as an
obligation to license your modifications or additions under GPL to
anyone you choose to distribute it to. Not necessarily that you _have_
to distribute it to anyone. That would be somewhat draconian.

/P